If you’re after a room with a view, you’ll find it at Sacrewell, which overlooks some of the most beautiful countryside in Cambridgeshire. If you’re a glamper and can’t do without your comforts, there are 27 electric hook-up points. For those who prefer an authentic night under canvas (or in a caravan, camper van or motor home), there are 48 spacious grass pitches. Take a look through the sections, below, and if there’s anything else you’d like to know please don’t hesitate to get in touch where we’ll be more than happy to help. Don’t forget to purchase your farm admission passes and receive an exclusive campers discount off your session entries on your stay.
Please purchase your Playbarn tickets on arrival to your pre-booked session from reception. (Annual Pass Holders and Under 2’s are free)
Adult Playbarn Admission: £1 – Children Playbarn Admission: £2
Playbarn tickets can only be purchased with a valid Farm Admission.
We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful campsite and hope you enjoy your stay. Here are a few useful downloads for your stay with us: Campsite Map Campers Information 2021 Campsite Terms and Conditions 2021 Please note that Sacrewell use Campstead Ltd. as our data processor for campsite bookings. Communications relating to your booking (e.g. a confirmation email / feedback request following your stay) will be sent from them.
How to find us
Sacrewell is just off the A1/A47 interchange at Wansford. Most satnavs take you to the wrong entrance, so check the directions on our getting here page before you set off.
Checking in and Out
Your pitch is available after 1pm – but please ensure that you have booked in advance. If you’re arriving during Sacrewell’s open hours, call in at reception and they will check you in. If you’re arriving after 6pm, you will need the barrier code to get into the site. The code will have been sent to you in advance of your stay. Our night warden, David, lives in the large green static caravan on site and is available from 6pm to 8am. He will be happy to help you with anything you need. Your welcome pack, which you will collect on arrival, includes wristbands which we ask you to wear throughout your stay. Please show your wristband to the reception team each time you enter the farm. You are welcome to stay with us for up to seven nights, subject to availability. You’re required to vacate your pitch by 12pm on the final day of your stay, to allow our next happy campers to settle in without any delays.
Electric hook-up pitches are clearly numbered – refer to your camp site map or ask a member of staff if you are unsure of where to pitch. If you are setting up a caravan or campervan, make sure your vehicle is set parallel (long ways) to the electric hook-up point. Visitors without electric hook-up are welcome to choose where on the allocated field area they would like to pitch. Please allow a six metre gap between your unit and your neighbour’s unit. If you need any help, ask at reception or contact the night warden.
Our campers’ toilets and showers are in the main building and are open 24 hours a day, with disabled and baby changing facilities available. Hot and cold running water is accessible in the top and bottom field for washing up and re-filling water tanks. Our reception and farm opening hours are 9 am – 4 pm, visit these pages to find out what goes on at Sacrewell.
On site café
The on site café is run by our friends at Origin8 who use local meat, veg, fruit and more to create delicious hot and cold meals, sandwiches and snacks. We recommend the cakes, they are seriously yummy.
Our shop (open every day from 9 am – 4 pm) stocks a selection of toys, gifts and a unique selection of wines and spirits on offer. During the holiday period, we sell local fresh produce including vegetables, eggs, and sausages.
Sacrewell’s Ultimate Family Challenge – Exclusive for Campers
Come and enjoy a fabulous night, with tons of laughter and games in the Sacrewell Artisan Courtyard! We have a great night lined up for you!
We will be hosting a series of interactive games for you and your team to take part in to win the ultimate title of ‘The Champions’ and some chocolate prizes along the way too. Your team will accumulate points throughout the night and the team with the most points will be our Champions.
- Do you have what it takes to beat Barbara’s Quiz?
- Who has the strongest muscles in your team to play cookie face? You will need to use all your face muscles to move a chocolate chip cookie from your forehead into your mouth without using your hands.
- How’s your aim? Come and play chocolate pong to find out. You will need to bounce a ping pong into a range of cups to earn your team extra points and some chocolate.
- Who has the biggest mouth in your team? Come and challenge other teams to see how many marshmallows you can squeeze into your mouth.
- How many smarties can you transfer from a tray to a bowl using just a straw in 30 seconds?
- Darts with a difference, test your skills by throwing some balls at our dart board with an instant win for a bullseye!
- We will end the night with a game of edible chocolate bingo! You will receive one edible chocolate bingo card with smarties to mark off your numbers and you will be in the chance of winning even more prizes. Extra bingo cards are available to purchase in our shop on the night.
Are you up to the challenge? Come and book in the chocolate shop £12 per team of up to 6 people, £3.50 for any additional bingo cards.
We will be holding chocolate lollipop making from 5 – 6.30pm for £2.50.
Our delicious Chocolate Fondue package, your luxury platter will include a selection of fresh fruits, cakes, wafers, biscuits and our luxury handmade marshmallow delivered to your pitch or enjoy in the courtyard in the evening (including the fondue dipping set and serving board – deposit required).
These must be pre-booked in our chocolate shop one day in advance, we only have a limited number available.
£20 serves 4 people.
Available every Saturday Starting from Saturday 26th June 5 – 7pm, weather permitting (except Saturday 10th July).
Please contact Stamford Heavenly Chocolates for bookings in the chocolate shop or call this number 07828565281.
The site is open from 9 am – 4 pm and there will be no entry into the site, including reception, gift shop, playbarn and playpark after 4 pm.
Enhancements to site include:
- New Outdoor Play Area – bespoke scheme unique to Sacrewell (3 – 12 years old)
- New Camp Site Play Area – unlimited access
- New Artisan Courtyard
Exploring the area Sacrewell is close to Peterborough, where you can visit the Peterborough Museum, Flag Fen and Queensgate Shopping Centre. The charming market town of Stamford is six miles away and beautiful Burghley House is within walking distance along the Hereward Way between Stamford and Peterborough. Other attractions in the area include:
*All Sacrewell annual pass holders get one free entry to Grimsthorpe castle a year. Food and drink For an evening meal, our staff highly recommend the Paper Mills pub and the Haycock Hotel in Wansford – both offer delicious, top of the range pub grub.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme
We’re proud to work with the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme to provide outdoor camping and experiences at reduced rates. Please see the prices chart below for up to date prices. For a bespoke quote and more details, please get in touch.
A few rules and requests
- Generators and firepits/campfires are not allowed.
- Barbecues must be raised off the ground and attended by an adult at all times.
- Bins are located at the rear of the Playbarn. Please do not use the bins in the café or the toilet block for large amounts of rubbish.
- Please wash your dishes in the designated areas.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome but please make sure they are kept on a lead and you clear up after them. We allow a maximum of three dogs per pitch.
- Please leave toilet and shower blocks as you would expect to find them.
- Please do not climb gates, fences or trees.
- Do consider your fellow campers (especially those with children) and keep noise to a minimum after 9pm.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you violate these guidelines.
Cancellations and refunds
If you would like to cancel your booking, please let us know. You may cancel the reservation at any time. If a cancellation occurs the following refund policy applies: Cancellation more than 14 days prior to your arrival – 100% refund (excluding non-refundable 20% deposit). Cancellation less than 14 days prior to your arrival – 50% refund (excluding non-refundable 20% deposit). Cancellation less than 48 hours before arrival – no refund. Refunds will not be given if you decide to cancel your booking or leave the campsite early due to inclement weather, illness or other reasons beyond your control. We recommend that you buy holiday insurance to compensate you in these circumstances.