The Playbarn is a great place to let off some steam. Our soft play area has various sections that are purpose built to suit different ages and stages of development. Our chicken coop is a firm favourite with our visitors as you can collect the eggs in the coop and watch them fall, and pedal around in our designated tractor area. Or what about a race against your friends down the mud slide to find out who is faster?
NEW FOR 2019 – Sacrewell Play Village! Visit and play in our tool workshop, gift shop, library, kitchen and tipi areas!
If you simply want to watch the fun, there are plenty of picnic benches around to make yourself comfy as well as free Wifi. The Origin8 kiosk is open on weekends and during school holidays, so you can enjoy hot drinks, homemade cakes and delicious Panini’s.
There’s also our reading corner ‘The Story time Bookshop’ so feel free to bring in any books to donate or swap. We are always looking for any unwanted children’s or adult books for our 2nd hand book shop.
The Playbarn is the best place to run around in a safe indoor environment for children up to the age of 12. Children must wear socks and be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The Playbarn is open whatever the weather, but if the sun’s shining you might prefer our outdoor play park, with its swings, slides and climbing equipment, or the evergreen maze.
Rules of Play
- Children remain the responsibility of their parent or guardian at all times whilst on the play equipment and throughout the site.
- Tucked in tops, long sleeves and trousers are recommended to avoid friction burns.
- Playbarn users must wear socks. This includes any adults supervising on the play equipment. Sock can be purchased from the Playbarn for £1.50.
- Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play area.
- No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Please use the picnic benches provided.
- Please report all accidents or damages to a member of staff.