Running Sacrewell Heritage Farm and Country Centre is a labour of love; it takes a lot of time, commitment and effort.
To apply for any of the job roles listed below, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title.
Please contact us if you would like to join us at Sacrewell Farm as a volunteer.
We accept work experience students in key stage 4 and above for generalised placements of up to two weeks during the summer term. The experience gives a taste of a wide range of roles within our organisation, which may include a mixture of customer service, estate maintenance, marketing, events, education support, and some work with the animals (although this is not guaranteed). Spaces are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please send an email to us with “Work Experience” in the subject line along with a copy of your CV and the dates you are looking for.
Please note, we are unable to accommodate longer term individual work experience placements in animal husbandry for the foreseeable time. This page will be updated if this changes, so please check back to learn of any future opportunities.
Are you a talented marketing executive with a keen eye for detail? Are you ready for a new challenge?
Sacrewell has a rare, exciting new opportunity and is looking for a talented professional who enjoys a varied and broad marketing post.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team at a visitor attraction promoting admissions and events, developing marketing strategies, writing content for social media channels and website, as well as other marketing tasks and activity.
This work will be a critical factor for the advancement of the objectives of The William Scott Abbott Trust.
Sacrewell is a popular farm attraction located to the west of Peterborough with 100,000 visitors per year. We are part of The William Scott Abbott Trust, an agricultural education charity with over 50 years of history.
The Trust seeks to create a safe, accessible, fun and enriching environment helping our visitors make real-life connections to food, farming and the countryside. Our aim is that every visitor has the chance to explore, experience and enjoy.
This is an exciting time within The William Scott Abbott Trust at Sacrewell; and we are looking for someone to help with our future growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on an interesting and challenging role at a fabulous location. It would suit a friendly, creative, and hard-working person.
You’ll preferably be qualified to diploma/degree level and have at least two years of experience in a marketing role. You’ll have a passion for writing creative content, be highly motivated and capable of working independently.
Due to the nature of the business, weekend and bank holiday work may be required.
Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Trust. In addition, all employees are expected to adhere to the Trust’s commitment to providing a safe and positive working environment for all.
- High standard of English and good proof-reading skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent organisation, communication and customer service skills
- Great photography skills and the ability to take photos and short videos for marketing purposes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines (accurately and quickly)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, be proactive and prioritise deadlines and delivery
- Ability to increase engagement and grow the social media following across all platforms
- Confident, flexible team player with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Self-starter able to work on their own initiative
- Ability to work with external sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ability to reflect and identify areas of improvement
- Ability to keep an eye on digital trends, evaluating new technologies
- Ability to uphold annual marketing budget allocations and scout opportunities for innovation and development
- Ability to conduct competitor analysis and market research, developing and analysing consumer rating reports/questionnaires
- Experience of carrying out successful marketing campaigns
- Experience of developing and maintaining website content including WordPress
- Professional use of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn TikTok, YouTube
- Experience of coordinating and supporting the delivery of event marketing and admission promotion
- Experience of managing a wide variety of internal and external comms
- Experience of using email marketing tools to send personalised email campaigns to targeted contacts
- Experience in managing customer data according to GDPR and the ability to add, edit and delete contacts
- Experience of Canva or graphic design software
- Strong data analysis skills including experience using GA4 to track key metrics and to be able to report on marketing ROI
- Ability to write optimised content for website and blogs as well as the ability to research keywords using google trends, google search console and SEO/SEM tools
- Experience of paid advertising including Google Ads (PPC)
- Knowledge of support and funding for charities in the UK
- Experience of writing press releases and working with press contacts
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with review sites such as TripAdvisor and Trust Pilot
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Salary: £22,000-£26,000 per year pro-rata depending on experience
Please provide a CV with covering letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Experience: Marketing: 2 years (desirable)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 30/11/2023
Expected start date: 02/01/2024
Visitor Engagement Staff (Casual)
We are on the lookout for visitor engagement staff to join our wonderful team. You must be fun, energetic and keen to interact with the public.
Working hours will vary and you will be predominantly required throughout the school holidays and at weekends.
If you are interested please email your CV to email@example.com, we hope to hear from you.