Gather the whole family and head to Sacrewell this May half term, for a totally t-rex-iffic day out.
Join our intrepid rangers on a quest to discover dinosaur fossils and bones in our sandpit, pond dip for prehistoric critters in our mill stream and stomp, roar and swish your tail in our dinosaur parade (fancy dress welcome).
Learn the history of these prehistoric creatures with our amazing dino-facts and race our baby dinosaurs in our dino-duck race. There’s plenty of prizes to be won!
Additional free activities included in your admission:
- Dinosaur craft – make your own dinosaur mask and discover your primal name
- Dino dig – dig and discover fossils and bones using a metal detector with our intrepid rangers
- Pond dipping – pond dip for prehistoric critters in our mill stream
- Lawn games – tricera toss, feed the Diplodocus dinosaur and tyrannosaurus tug of war
- Dinosaur parade – stomp, roar and swish your tail in our dinosaur parade around Sac-roar-well (fancy dress welcome)
The activities will start at 10am each day and they are included in your normal daily admission.
- Dino-duck race – £1 per duck (please bring cash)
- Tractor ride – £2 per person (bookable at reception on arrival)
Admission includes ALL DAY access to Sacrewell so you can stay as long as you please.
We highly recommend booking tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
What’s on in the Artisan Courtyard:
In addition to our May half term activities, the wonderful small businesses in the artisan courtyard are also offering workshops and activities too. Please see below for more details.
Stamford Heavenly Chocolates
- Dino bingo – twice a day. This is free to attend for all general admission ticket holders, but you will need to reserve your spot in the chocolate shop as its limited to 30 children per session.
- Make your own chocolate dinosaur or chocolate bar – every day throughout half term – join Stamford Heavenly Chocolates for a walk-in workshop to make your own chocolate treat. No pre-booking required, simply visit their shop, £4.50 per bar.
- Father’s Day chocolate treats – available to purchase in their shop or online.
- Buy a pot, paint a pot, plant a pot workshop – everyday throughout half term – join Djibo Art for a walk-in workshop to paint a pot. £7 a pot.
- Art and craft gifts – available to purchase in the shop.
1642 Field Sports (by the mill pond)
- Dino targets – every day throughout half term – try your hand at a field sport experience with 1642. No pre-booking required, simply visit them at the shooting range behind the mill pond, £5 for 10 shots.