Carve your own wooden masterpiece with tuition from Glyn Mould who has been a professional woodcarver for over 35 years. He’ll guide you through your own individual project in letter cutting, relief carving or sculptural work.
Glyn’s own work can be found in the Palace of Westminster, the United Kingdom Supreme Court and Ely Cathedral. He’s created a political seat that featured on the Antiques Roadshow and a carved gift for the Lord Mayor of London.
Each day of woodcarving costs £49 per person. There is a discount of 10% for those who book four separate days or 2 courses of at least two days.
Woodcarving courses will be running on the following dates:
- Friday 18th and Saturday 19th January
- Friday 8th and Saturday 9th February
- Thursday 14th, Friday 15th and Saturday 16th March
- Thursday 25th, Friday 26th and Saturday 27th April
- Friday 17th and Saturday 18th May
- Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd June
- Friday 19th and Saturday 20th July
- Friday 30th and Saturday 31st August
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th September
- Thursday 26th, Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September
- Friday 18th and Saturday 19th October
- Friday 15th and Saturday 16th November
- a day of carving tuition with guidance from Glyn
- use of specialist woodcarving tools
- admission to Sacrewell for the day for the ticketholder
Timber is supplied at cost depending on the size of your project. This is normally £4, which is payable on the day.
This workshop is suitable for beginners or more advanced carvers. It is suitable for anyone aged 16 or over, though children as young as 10 may be allowed to participate if they have a strong interest in woodcarving. Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
For more details or to book a space, please visit Glyn’s website or call into his workshop in person next time you visit the farm.