On this full day (9.30am-4pm) willow weaving workshop on Saturday April 21st, you will learn how to weave a simple basket guided by an experienced tutor, Andrea fron Nene Coppicing & Crafts. Andrea will take you through the basic principles of the ancient craft of willow weaving and provide you with the tools and knowledge needed to make your own basket.
- materials to create your own willow basket
- learn to weave sides using two techniques
- learn one method for making a border to finish the basket
- tea or coffee
- admission to Sacrewell for the day for the ticket holder
Participants learn how to:
- Make a base
- Weave sides using two techniques
- Learn one method for making a border to finish the basket.
- The beginners’ basket will be about 22cm diameter x 10cm high
This workshop is £65 and suitable for anyone aged 16 or above. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a willow weaving ticket.
Introducing your tutor for the day, Andrea Togher.
Andrea has been a member of Nene Coppicing and Crafts for 4 years now and have learned a variety of woodland /heritage skills from courses and my colleagues; willow work being one of them. Her background is 30 years primary & secondary teaching and Headship. At the moment Andrea works as a consultant in Malawi. She is passionate about the revival of heritage skills and wishes to pass them on to others enabling them to become confident and competent themselves.