Work with the vibrant and glowing colours of handmade glass to create your own unique piece of work. Our tutors from Strawberry Glass will teach you the traditional technique of copper foiling which is ideal for making decorative panels and suncatchers. Copper tape and solder is used to create a seam joining the pieces of glass you have chosen from our wide selection.
The workshop will take place on Friday 29th March from 10.30am till 3:00pm. Tickets cost £55 per person.
- guidance on selecting, grinding and cleaning your glass
- instruction in the technique of copper foiling and attaching hanging rings
- tools, safety equipment and all the materials to create a finished piece
- instruction from our experienced tutors
- tea or coffee
- admission onto the site for the day for the ticketholder
This workshop is suitable for ages 16 and above. Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult. It is ideal for beginners or for intermediates who wish to build on their previous experience.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding you should consult a doctor before booking as some of the materials used have a lead content.