Now Sold Out
Spaces for this workshop have now sold out. Please check back for new stained glass workshop dates in the coming months or have a look at the various other workshops we have on at Sacrewell.
Explore the skills of stained glass copper foiling and make colourful decorations for the festive season. You’ll be using copper tape and solder to join the pieces of glass in a technique developed in the Tiffany Studios. The workshop will have a relaxed environment with plenty of individual attention and there will be a large selection of coloured and textured glass pieces to choose from. At the end of the day you will take your handmade decorations home with you.
The workshop will take place on Saturday 30th November 2019 from 10.30am-3pm. Tickets cost £55 per person.
What skills will I learn?
- selecting suitable glass to create your unique festive decorations
- preparing the edges of the glass for foiling
- applying copper foil tape
- soldering the seams and attaching hanging rings
- polishing ready for display
- use of tools and materials
- light refreshment
- admission onto the site for the day for the ticketholder
This workshop is suitable for ages 16 and above. Under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult.
As there is a lead content in the solder please take medical advice before booking if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.