Take a morning walk through Sacrewell Farm with Ginny from The Broad Street Practice in Stamford. She’ll be sharing her knowledge and expertise from over 15 years of experience as a medical herbalist.
On your walk you’ll identify commonly used medicinal plants and trees and learn about their active constituents and medicinal properties. Next, you’ll head into the kitchen to learn how to make tinctures (the most common form of herbal preparation used by western medical herbalists) and skin creams. We will make a healing skin cream on the day, and you’ll learn how to adapt the recipe to make different types of creams at home.
Our Herbs for Healing: Tincture & Cream Making workshop will run on Sunday 31st May from 10:00am till 1:00pm and will cost £50 per person.
- a guided herb walk around the grounds of Sacrewell
- information on the active constituents and medicinal uses of various plants
- access to Ginny’s wealth of knowledge of herbal medicine
- materials for making your own 100ml tincture and a jar of cream
- tea and coffee
- admission to Sacrewell for the day for the ticketholder
This workshop is ideal for beginners with no prior experience. It is suitable for anyone aged 16 or over. Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
This workshop includes a guided walk around the farm that will be taken at a slow pace but may last up to one hour. Please contact us if you would like to participate in the workshop and have questions about access.