Sacrewell has been part of the William Scott Abbott Trust since 1964. A charity founded to connect people of all ages and backgrounds to science, heritage crafts and the field to fork journey.
Delivering enriching outdoor educational experiences is fundamental to what Sacrewell do, and welcoming people to our countryside setting allows us to fulfil the aims of the trust.
This August our education team are hosting a field to fork week to educate children where their food comes from and why it is important to eat seasonally.
Throughout our field to fork week children (and adults) will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities including butter making and vegetable scavenger hunts. For more details read on for our field to fork week schedule…
Field to fork week activities:
- Monday: Story time and craft
- Tuesday: Milling demonstrations using our mock mill
- Wednesday: Butter making demonstrations and then taste testing!
- Thursday: Educational tractor ride through the orchard and to the reservoir (additional cost £2 per person)
- Friday: A tour of the kitchen garden with a vegetable scavenger hunt
We hope you can join us for a fun-packed foodie week!